- spanking with the cricket bat
- sit out for a few minutes
- no games for a certain amount of time
- FED fines
- big and small dunce caps- sit in the corner with your peep
- 2 chores at corvee instead of one
- time off of swimming
- give commissioners your lunch (the commissioners added this to the list)
- give Rolph poop for a day
- sit out, think, make amends, apologize
- clean the honey pot with your tongue
We put it to a vote and "no games for a certain amount of time" won with 15 votes. Next we put the amount of time out for discussion, times suggested ranged from one day down to five minutes.... with increments like 26 minutes in between. One whole day was the winner of this vote. These homesteaders seem to be gluttons for punishment! This also says that the majority of our town doesn't like unsafe behavior.
Werk Bezerk this morning included house plans, cardboard models, lumber orders, working on the land, organizing the trading post, and printing currency. After this we had a nice, meeting free lunch and swim. We are getting better and better at running to the pond to have more time for swimming!
At afternoon snack and meeting commissioners asked how homesteaders were feeling about their new consequence (of sitting out from games for a whole day for unsafe behavior) and if they might like to change it a little bit. No one did, they are sticking to their guns! The rest of town meeting was spent not so much as a meeting but more of a class. All homesteaders now have a check book and registry and they know how to use them. The entire village practiced by writing out a check to Rolph for 50emmitts for poop. It seems that Rolph maybe tricked homesteaders into giving him a lot of money and permission to dump manure on their land!
After the check writing seminar we split the homesteaders up by age (they managed to do this silently). The older half of the group headed outside to work on some team challenges. The first challenge was to get everyone over the wall. Here are some pictures: And yes, the older kids were successful!
|We did have one injury....thumbs down|
While the older kids were out challenging themselves, the younger group stayed behind to work more on the things from the morning Werk Berzerk block. After awhile, the homesteaders traded places. The younger group first started with the ball challenge. These guys got their time down to four seconds!
|working on a cardboard model|
|working on cardboard models|
|setting up the trading post|
|Owen tells us the rules of the game|
Today we liked:
- CAPTURE THE FLAG (CTF)!!!!!!
- everybody got along
- achieving our goals
- Aidan's silent, sneaky flag capture
- everyone got WAY more done than they thought they would
- the whole day!
- currency is nearly done
- "I chose the best summer camp!"
- we could play CTF all day
- we were less hot and out of breath from playing!
- we all met our goals
- we could play CTF everyday
- we could play CTF even longer
- wish I had a wish...
- Will and Owen will complete building Tom's house tomorrow
- I knew the cat's name
- I had cold water dumped on my head and was standing in the wind
- CeCe would do all of the corvee tomorrow